
"Let's go to school, come on. Say bye bye to Elmo." I said to Ash yesterday morning.
"Ok, bye bye Elmo." As she walked over to the TV and turned it off.
"Can we put on your jacket & shoes? It's cold outside!"
"Ok"
"Backpack, Mommy"
So I was thinking ... this is too easy...
"Ok, ready, let's go Ashley."
"Do you want Mickey?"
"No" she said with no hesitation
"You sure?"
"No no Mickey"
Not believing what was happening, I stuffed the doll in my bag anyway.
"Stay Casey (our dog). Stay!" she said loudly and then marched out the door and waited for me to lock it.
WAY TOO EASY... where's the catch?? I bet she'll be whining for the doll or something in the car.
She insisted on walking herself to the car holding her backpack on only one shoulder (something she must have observed the older kids do at day care.) She climbed in the car & her car seat, still wanting no help. I buckled her in, gave her praises.
"Good girl, Ashley. Ashley is a big girl today!"
After we arrived at the day care, I asked her once again...
"Mickey?"
"No. No Mickey. Backpack."
"Who is this girl and what did she do with my daughter?" I thought to myself.
As a cautious Mom, I left Mickey with her day care lady. But when I picked her up, they said that she never asked for it all day. Not even for her nap!

No comments:
Post a Comment