4.22.2008

hair today gone tomorrow

So I have been grieving about my hair loss after the baby for some time now. Seriously, they are coming off by the handful every time ANYTHING come close to my hair. I can be doing nothing and they are just falling off ... there are hair everywhere. I find them at home, in the car, at work and seriously EVERYWHERE. If something would happen to me, CSI's will have no problem tracing where I've been.

But enough about my hair loss woes. My baby is losing her hair too...


Here she is a few days old ...



Here she is with receding hairline at three months old....


Here almost hairless at 4 months old....




Did I mention I have bald spots on my head like hers too?

Also, anyone got any suggestions to heal cradle cap? She's got it bad! I tried using those johnson & johnson cradle cap cream that they sell at target, but it's not working too well.

Come to think of it... maybe she's fussy because of the itchy head??

11 comments:

Unknown said...

My daughter had hair loss and regrowth very similar to C's. But I don't have such funny pictures of it!

As for hair loss... that could be depressing, I believe it. But I do believe it grows back. My hair falls out constantly, but it always has. But I don't have bald patches that I know of. I hope you're joking!

Unknown said...

PS Sorry no tips on the cradle cap. Though maybe kelly mom has some info?

Miss Lisa said...

Cradle cap--Muelsaleta (spelling?) newborn form works wonders--and a steamy shower!
She's still a cutie!
Thank you for visiting my blog!

mah-meeee said...

amy, oh no, i'm not joking.... i'll take a picture of it soon. maybe that'll be my wordless wednesday pic?

Kendra said...

My kiddos had it lightly. I put baby oil on their little heads and let it soak. Then I used a thin comb to brush it out. It worked for us.

btw ~ Those pics are too cute! What a sweetie.

Unknown said...

Our little one hasn't had cradle crap too much. But we found that a good head scrub (like washing her "hair") helps a bit. I also heard that olive oil massaged into the scalp helps.

I love the new blog look by the way.

SherE1 said...

Jacob barely had any hair to begin with when he was born. Then he developed cradle cap so I did what Kendra did (baby oil and brushing it out) and guess what? What little hair he DID have fell out too! My husband blamed me saying I must have rubbed it off with the cradle cap (haha).

My hair is a different story. I've lost hair after having kids before but it always grew back to "normal", at least. Not this time. This is the thinnest my hair has ever been and I don't foresee it getting any thicker. I feel your pain, girl.

Anonymous said...

You're not alone! My best friend from HS is suffering from the same thing. Her baby is almost 5 months old now and her hair is falling out in tufts. Not that you should do this - but her solution is to cut it all off. This way, when she sheds - she'll have less to clean up.

p.s. love the new template!

Tara said...

All-natural coconut oil might be a good solution for the cradle cap. It's great for eczema, diaper rash and other skin irritations.

Lisa Anne said...

Hello, its my first visit to your blog, I am a pushover for photos of beautiful babies. My daughter had cradle cap when she was a baby, If you put some olive oil or cocunut oil in a cup and let it sit in some warm water until it is warm, you can put it on your babies head and let it sit, then take a soft bristled tooth brush and make gentle circles on her head, it will start to come off. Afterwards I use a gentle baby shampoo, "Tom's of Maine" or Weleda and I wash out the extra oil. Although my daughter hated having her hair washed, she would scream and scream. Best wishes to your beautiful baby.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

I'm glad I read this. My daughter has cradle cap and I was just thinking that someone should do something about that. Of course, that someone should really probably be, me, the mama. The comments have great tips.