4.10.2008

recommendations on baby moisturizers??

Ok ok... so if you are reading this and know of a good moisturizer for my baby and little girl's face, please chime in! Both the baby and the girl seem to be dry all the time... my baby even have it on her elbows and knees.

I've tried Aquaphor

and Eucerin cream (which her pediatrician suggested) but nothing seems to be working... any ideas?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Bummer that aquaphor isn't working! It has been super helpful for me. But what I would recommend is bag balm. It comes in a green tub and I think it was designed for cow utters, but it works wonders.

mah-meeee said...

Thanks Amy, I will go look for them asap!

ink said...

aquaphor leaves my skin too greasy. my choice: Udder Cream. I have super dry skin. Besides, the oncology doctors at our hospital recommend it for our chemo patients. And it absorbs right in and doesn't leave a layer.

http://www.uddercream.com

I swear I don't work for them. But I sent a tub to my brother and he loves it also. I use it on my face and I don't get hives from it (very rare!)

mah-meeee said...

Thanks Ink. I will try that also... it must be super gentle for the chemo patients. Awesome, thanks!

PhotoChick said...

I'm sorry Aquaphor hasn't worked for your kiddos... It really worked wonders on my little girl. She was so red & raw around her mouth, and I couldn't find anything to work til Aquaphor. Though it did take a week of religiously putting that stuff on 3-5 times a day. But ever since, once or twice a day & her skin is perfect.

The only other thing I could think to suggest is what's already been said - the udder creams and such.

I wish you the very best - good luck on finding something that works. Much love & God Bless!

Unknown said...

I've never tried the udder cream but I've heard that it's fabulous. If that doesn't work, I use good ol' Johnson & Johnson on our little one.

BTW, thanks for your sweet comment on my Thankful Thursday post. For me, participating in TT helps me to keep my priorities in order and to always thank God for the blessings that He gives - which are many!!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

A & D ointment. My boys, now grown, had dry skin and the youngest had eczema. I used aquaphor with moderate results and then out of desperation one day A&D ointment. Worked like a charm.
Your babies are cute, cranky girl will grow out of it. She'll be fine. I'm sure you are meeting all her needs, just needs some time to mature. I've seen babies like her, it is frustrating. Take care. Amie

Unknown said...

Did any of these work?