Ah... the past few days has been just tiresome with a sick baby at home. I have had to take off a few days from work (ah... the bosses isn't thrilled I'm sure) and the weekend was jam packed with activities for Ash and taking care of the high fevered Court.
On Saturday, Court came down with a almost 105 fever. That lasted for the entire weekend, with it only subsiding with Tylenol just for it to come back up when the drugs wear off. Luckily yesterday, Court's temp went from 101 to a normal 98.9. But she is so super congested that feeding is a huge battle and keeping her fussy self from being even more fussy was a challenge. Today, hubby will be staying home with her... I wish him luck.
Ash said something quite humorous this weekend. While driving in the car to a party, we were listening to her princess songs on cd and she said to me..
"Mommy, why is Pocahontas a sandwich?"
"What?"
"Pocahontas... why is she a sandwich?"
"She's not a sandwich, honey, where did you hear that?"
she pointed at the car stereo
I push the back button until we got back to the Pocahontas song.
"You think I'm a ignorant 'savage'...."
"There Mommy, she said sandwich!"
I laughed and said, "Honey, she said, 'saa-Vage'."
"Oh. I think ham and cheese sandwich is better."
I've missed you all! I can't wait to read up on your adventures these last few days!

10 comments:
Awww...poor baby. Glad she's doing a little better and I hope she's back to normal soon.
Very funny about the sandwich. It's always fun to hear things the way a child does. :)
What a sweetie! Poor thing, glad to hear she's feeling better.
What a poor baby! That's a really high fever...hope she's feeling better quickly!
That is so heartbreaking to have a sick baby. I hope she gets all better soon.
Hope Court is feeling better!
Cute Ash! What a funny kid!
Ash is such a funny lil' girl!! :) lol
Now I know why you have been MIA ... you poor girls. So sorry to hear Court has been ill. Nothing like a sick baby. Hope she gets feeling better soon.
Glad you're back ~ I missed ya!!!
So cute ;)
Hope Court is having a much better day!
Oooh. Staying home with a sick baby is never fun -- for them or for you. I hope she's getting to feeling better. Fevers that spike high always get me scared!
Welcome back! :-)
How cute. I bet it was F-U-N trying to explain what the heck a savage is.
krissy,
actually... i didn't. :P i figure since she didn't ask and all... is that bad of me?
Post a Comment