9.09.2008

days like today

(the princess at age 2)


Days like today, I just want to crawl in bed with a nice soft blanket and call it quits.


There are days like today when things just look so bleak that you started to question why you do what you do?


How do I go on being a full time working mom and a full time maid/nanny/cook when you come home? When do I finally catch a break and be able to sleep for more that 5 hours a night?


There are times when I feel so blue that I would go search for some support through reading the blogs I follow. But then question that whether this blog thing is all a popularity contest? Why do I feel lonely if I don't leave a comment or receive one? Seriously, is it just me?


I know, I know...


pout... pout... whine... whine....


Since it's 4am, I just want to whine.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

(((Hugs))) Sending you lots of love from KY for your blue day! I haven't been my usually commenter (no good excuse...busy, work...bla bla bla...lazy), but I am always here reading in my reader and always sending my love!

Unknown said...

The comments do help don't they? But really, I find it difficult to follow up with everything so I am glad to not get too many. I hope you feel better soon. I know how it feels to not get sleep. The last few days I have been hardening my resolve to deny June the boobies. It is really difficult and yet, my sleep is constantly interrupted and has been for nearly two years! I can only imagine since Ash is even bigger and you are sleeping so infrequently.

Hugs from here too.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

It's a lonely gig, this motherhood thing. That's why I feel such a commaraderie through blogging. It reminds me that I'm not alone. Other people are struggling too. I'm sorry you've hit a tough patch -- keep your chin up. Really, it's the sleep deprivation. There's a reason sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture in some parts of the world! Go easy on yourself and try to go to bed early. Everything else can wait. :)

Valarie Lea said...

Are you still not sleeping well? Since you did post this at 4:00 am. Or do you just get up at 4:00. :)

I fell your pain. It seems like I work all the time, an then have to go home and start my second job, which really should be my first. It seems like a never ending cycle. Pick your battles to fight the pile of laundry will be there tomorrow. Spend time with the kids and then go to bed. :)

Miss Lisa said...

We are all allowed those blue days--it helps enjoy the better ones all the more :)
I hope you get a chance to hit a coffee shot today and kick back with a nice cup o' Joe and a pastry while enjoying a big fat newspaper :)

DD said...

No way girlfriend! Didnt you see my post last week where I was all grumps! We all have times where we think "this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not what it was supposed to be like". Esp. when they're at the age your little ones are like.

Take some mommy time and hit a Starbucks with a pal then you'll feel like a new woman.

ink said...

if all goes as planned, i'll come visit soon and watch the kiddies while you go and take a mini-vacation. like a massage at the spa.

just hang on!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Oh, I have those days too. And, the less sleep I'm getting, the more of those kind of days I have. Hope it has gotten better. (I'm commenting late on this post.)

SherE1 said...

I'm right there with you, girl. I don't even remember how it feels to NOT be tired. What sucks is that I wake up at 11pm and 3am every night - whether I need to or not. And if the kid(s) wake up any other hour besides 11pm and 3am, I'm awake even MORE. Then I sit here at work, trying to make my brain work when I'd rather put my head down and sleep. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better now. And sorry my comment is so late - better late than never!