10.09.2008

September


You must be wondering why the title of my post is 'September' when it's obviously October now.

Well, I always take a stroll around my office building around 3pm in the afternoon... to clear my head from the stuffy and heavily a/c'ed office. During the last few months, almost every afternoon I feel the heat radiating from the pavement, the sun beating down on the top of my head. But what really makes my walk worthwhile was to hear the kids' laughter in the backyards of the neighboring communities. The kids laughed, cried, and the dogs barked with excitement.

"Ah, summer."
My mind gets flooded with memories of my childhood growing up in the suburban home in the summer. Summer was the best time in a child's life when wasting time just having fun with friends, siblings, or dogs.

However all this week, even though it is still abit warm out during my walk, there is nothing but loud silence. Summer has ended and the kids are back to school.

But...
Bring back the laughing and the crying kids.
Bring back the barking dogs.
Bring back the Summer.

I then remembered this poem my daughter has learned from school ...

"September"
by Edwina Falls

A road like brown ribbons
A sky that is blue
A forest of green
With that sky peeping through.

Asters, deep purple,
A grasshopper's call,
Today is Summer,
Tomorrow is Fall.

4 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

That is a very beautiful poem. It fits Fall so well. :)

Anonymous said...

The poem is perfect. Of course, your post title makes me think of the EW&F song, but I am a shallow girl with a great love of boogie.

Miss Lisa said...

Pretty poem!

I just love fall--your is the second post today that shows me all the color I missing in the Lone Star State. I miss those colors.

Miss Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.