Ash was not an easy baby. But now with all the chaos in life with two kids, work and home... somehow, she grew up.
This past weekend, baby Court came down with the fever and was scrying all night long Saturday. Come Sunday morning, I was so tired from the night before and from a few sleepless nights before that. I just laid there in bed with Court hoping that she won't wake up right away.
Ash crept into the room. She said quietly, "Mommy... I'm awake.'
Barely opening my eyes, I whispered back,
"Honey, I'm really tired. Can Mommy sleep some more?"
She slipped into my blanket by my side.
"Mommy, I just want to sleep right next to you."
"Ok, honey... no talking ok? I don't want to wake up Courtney."
"Sure Mommy. You sleep, I'll cuddle you."
So we laid there for a good 15 minutes.
I was in a blissful peace.
It's so strange that when she was a baby, I brought comfort to her when she needed me (and hopefully still do.) And now, she brings me comfort in my time of need.

3 comments:
She has a caring heart.
You did a great job raising her--she's going to be a wonderful caring person to all around her :)
I was just thinking the same thing recently - Kate was so clingy and such a mama's girl before her baby brother came along. Now she's making herself her own sandwiches when she gets hungry, tries to take care of her little brother to give me a break and offers me her hugs when she thinks I need them. When did our baby girls grow up??
Post a Comment