Awhile back, a blogger friend, Ellie, posted asking about summer songs ... (click here). Which inspired me to my post today.
Today I was cuddling up to my kids after a great playdate/picnic in the park, we were just relaxing on the couch ....
I remembered what brings back summer memories to me ...
The light scent of sunblock left on their skin ... mixed in with the smell of watermelon they just ate. I was instantly in summer bliss. There is nothing more summer to me than that scent of sunblock. I'm not talking about those fancy ones that smell like perfume or fruits, or whatever they market their products to sell. The sunblock that smells like you had just stepped foot on the beach... you know? THAT smell.
Ok, ok, I know for those of you makeup gurus will tell me that Bobbi Brown sold one of her scents EXACTLY that smell called fittingly, Beach. (I know, I went to the store and tried it on... )Now let me tell you, if you WANT to smell like said sunblock on your skin and in your hair, why not just buy the cheap sunblock under $10 and also get SPF protection? I'm just sayin' ...
Anyhow.... I digress...
Today, in that instant of cuddling with my kids, I thought to myself, "NOW, it's summer!"
*Although my kids kept wondering why I am constantly sniffing their arms all day long... I just tell them that I love them. SHHHH! ;) *

2 comments:
Thanks for the link (and the attribution). I LOVE the smell of certain sunscreens!
And yes, finally, summer is here.
:)
I totally agree. My new generic spray on 30 spf smells like summer!
Although for perfumes, check out Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca. It's my favorite summer perfume. :) At Sephora.
Post a Comment