11.12.2009

going nuts


Something changed as a girl hits 5 years old. My princess went from this sweet bubbly girl to now this ... emotional creature that I no longer know.


Last night, she went from happy to sad to flat out anger in about 5 minutes. She would give dirty looks filled with anger. Talking back at every situation that did not go her way. She would be 'blue' ... I have no clue how to deal with the situation.


My little baby has also changed into this talkative toddler. No longer wants to be held... always wants to be exploring on her own.


What happened in the past few months and what else is ahead?

4 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Everything has happened, and everything is ahead.

Tell Ash the book fairy says hi. Will she talk back to that?

Peaceful moments to you Mama.

Miss Lisa said...

It gets pretty crazy from 5-8, calms down and then gets really crazy around 11.
I read that this is needed or we would not be able to 'push them out of the nest' when they are young adults.
Does this make sense--think of the strong attachment you had with them as a baby--not even wanting to put them down. As they grow, the express themselves more and more and you learn they need space.

Unknown said...

No experience to offer but, I know what you mean! It seems like June is always surprising us. I love the photo you posted. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The photo is gorgeous. Unfortunately I have nothing more to comment on this post - only that I know God will give you the strength to get through each day!