If you observe these 2 year olds playing, you'd never think that these toddlers are 'friends.' I've seen them 'playing' together as if each other do not exist.
This must have happened about a month ago when Ashley has been going to her day care for about 3 weeks. She suddenly came home one day and recalled her day to me.
"Mama. Car. Bye."
"Mickey. Milk. Food." (she brings her mickey doll to day care everyday)
"nite nite"
"Slide. Slide."
"Hannah. Emma. Ball. Fun."
I was completely floored! She just told me her day & it was 'fun!' That was the first time she has ever told me anything that has a sequence and means something. That and ... she has FRIENDS!
Sometimes, in the middle of the night, she would say things in her sleep. The other night, she said smiling in her sleep, "Hannah, Hannah. Slide, slide."
Last night she woke up ...
"Hannah? Hannah?"
I rubbed her back gently, she looks at me.
"No Hannah. Mommy."
And she went back to sleep.
My baby has friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment