E used to describe me as NADM ... Never A Dull Moment. (Ok, for those of you who did not know me pre-Ashley, I used to be quite fun ... hard to imagine, eh? *wink*)
Nowadays, NADM should be used to best describe Ashley. With Miss Drama Queen, if it's not one thing, it's another.
Remember the 'waking-up-screaming-hysterically' problem that we had? After several trial and errors, I think I have found the temporary patch to the problem. Now with a humidifier running all night (to relieve the 'booger' problem) and 'mama-hands-off' strategy (which means that I don't touch her in the night at all, even to move her away from the edge of the bed, or to cover her with the blankets that she kicked off...) the hysteria in the middle of the night is currently under control.
So what if I will have a child with a cold that will eventually live in a moldy room?
Alas, just when I think that all things are peaceful again ... I am once again being punished for trying to get some peace in life.
*note "Trauma" *
Here's the new morning routine.....
"time to change to go to school!"
"nooooooo"
As she tries to run away E or myself will try to change her using tricking tactics or even logically explaining to her why she needs to change.
"nooooooo change -eeee"
Off goes the naked child, dashing across the house running for her life.
Finally we got her changed, very unwillingly while still trying to rip her clothes off of her body.
"no shoes"
"nooooooo ... nooooooooooo ... "
She then takes off her shoes that I had just put on her and throws it at me, luckily I ducked. However, the wall or whatever is behind me is less fortunate.
The crying becomes hysteria and the rest is Ashley history.
But yes, eventually I drop her off at her day care with her screaming & crying all the way.
Then I proceed to take my 2 Tylenol rapid-release on the way in to work.

No comments:
Post a Comment