12.15.2006

mysterious illness

It's been almost a week now since Ash got sick. At first it was just a complaint about abdominal pains and it quickly led to very high fever. With the poor communication skills of her pediatrician (which I will be changing, mind you, after this incident) we have no clue why she is sick aside from the fact that she has some kind of infection. Blood tests, blood counts, urine tests (we thought it might have been uti) has all been done. But vague answers were given and even vaguer solutions were given.

I called this whole process by her pediatrician, a crap shoot. He has no clue why she is sick and just hoping that something will catch.

She has been on a series of three antibiotic shots (Rocephen) and the results are still yet to be seen. Now, with the fever that toggles between 101 to 103, she is constantly under a vicious cycle of Motrin every 6 to 8 hours. She was also prescribed with more oral antibiotics to take for a week starting today. All this meds can't be good for a growing toddler and especially one that is now refusing to eat.

She now also sounds like she has water trapped in her nasal passage and chest. We were prescribed with Nasonex to help with that. Hopefully that will work out.

This mysterious illness will certainly put a damper on the holiday festivities, but I can care less, I just want my happy healthy child back.

I can't sleep, I can't eat... I am just worried sick. If only I can travel just 2 weeks back, I would probably put her in a fishbowl to prevent her from contacting whatever caused her to be sick in the first place.

Oh God, please give us some answers... better yet, please make her well again.


No comments: