12.18.2006

the screaming continues

Just when I thought life can finally be back to normal after Ash finally broke the fever last Friday ... the night time screaming returned.

We were so relieved when Ash finally broke fever on Friday and we started to treat her sinus with Nasonex and she got much better after a few days. YAY! Maybe it is finally over! E and I can finally rest in peace for a bit ... and so we thought.

Saturday night, the screaming started again. The immediate hysteria that starts from nowhere and ends abruptly with lots of kicking and screaming in the middle of the night. It is almost as if she doesn't recognize neither of us and she would hit her hands repeatedly (her signal of wanting something that she's not getting.)

"NO! NO! NO!"
(I pretended to ignore her)
"NO, Mommy no!!"
(after minutes but what felt like hours of screaming and kicking)
"Ready for nite nite?" I asked
"NO"
"Ready?" I asked again
"Ok..." she said softly as she finds her pillow and laid down
"Blanket" she asked
"Ok, hands up honey."
(she closed her eyes and drifted off immediately)

I was left stumped as usual... what the @#$@?!?!




No comments: