You remember that nursery rhyme ... What little girls are made of?
"What are little girls made of, made of?What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice, and all that's nice;And that's what little girls are made of."
Up until this past holiday season, I didn't really experience that difference. Recently Ash has became - a girl.
Everything from ponies (yes, My Little Ponies) to Disney princesses to lip glosses and toenail polish. It all started with the ponies. She was so fascinated with them eyes lights up every time there are talks of ponies. Then came the Disney Princesses... her favorite was Ariel, but now, it is Cinderella. So E and I had to have a crash course on ponies and princesses.
Just when we thought that she can't get any more 'girlie' ...
"Mommy ... "
"Yes, honey?" I replied as I was trying to put on my makeup
"Try?"
"Try what, honey?"
"Uh uh ..." pointing at her lips
"Ummm... ok... " as I dabbed on this clear lip gloss on her lips hesitantly since I am in a hurry to go to work
"Preeeie! Ashley cute!" She giggles and rush off to show her shiny lips to her Daddy.
"Oh my... what have I done?!?!" I thought to myself.
Then over Christmas, we spent some time with her older twice-removed cousins. They are two girls ages 10 and 7. Ashley observed their every move... and when we came home she requested ... "pink toes."
Over a span of a week and half at home with Mommy and Daddy... she has transformed into a girl!
And... No. I am putting my foot down on the makeup deal. Nothing more than that clear lip gloss until she turns 16!
(Let's see how long that lasts... LOL!)
1.05.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment