So I did some research after about a week of Ash screaming at night and thus my loss of sleep ... I find that she probably have night terrors. "Active body, sleeping mind" is what most articles claim. All of what we have been going through completely matches the symptoms listed.
" "Active body, sleeping brain."
Child does not remember anything about the event.
Will not respond or react if parents try to console.
Usually occurs two to three hours after bedtime.
Becomes agitated or violent if awakened.
Can move arms and legs to act out imagined fear.
Child is active and out of bed; parents must remove dangerous obstacles.
Improves/disappears when sleep cycle matures."
I will probably check with her NEW pediatrician and see what she thinks. Whether it is night terror or not. If it is, I guess I will have many many (sometimes years) or sleepless nights with her.
More about that topic... http://www.toddlerstoday.com/resources/articles/nightterrors.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment