1.26.2007

Rerun


Having a child in the winter time is like watching a bad TV rerun.


Either this is a really bad cold/flu year or maybe because I have a toddler that I became more sensitive towards it. Just when you think that everyone in the family is well and happy ... the child comes home sick.


She came home a few days ago from day care ... 'hot.' At first it wasn't alarming because she always wakes up from her nap pretty warm and toasty. But it's on the way home I noticed that her rosy cheeks aren't subsiding.


Nuts. (Ok, I said to myself using a vocabulary much worse than that...)


Took her temperature once we got home and like I guessed, she's got a temperature. After one night of Motrin, she broke fever. (Thank goodness, it wasn't like last time! note blog: Mysterious Illness) Now she has this heavy mucus in her nose and even more mucus-y cough that keeps her up pretty much all night.


I can't wait until this winter season is over so that we can all enjoy longer periods of good health and sunny weather.

No comments: