
"Mommy, baby?" Ash said to me the other day.
"You want Mommy to be the baby?"
"Yes, Mommy lay down." She pointed to her lap.
I laid down suspiciously as I watched her pet my head and 'shhhh' at me.
"Baby crying? What's the matter, baby?" She pretended that I was crying and asked me.
This went on for a couple of minutes.
Later, she said...
"Mommy, Ashley's turn."
"Ashley wants to be baby now?" I asked
"Yeah..." She answered as she proceeded to lay down on my lap and made me cradle her like a baby.
"Ashley, do you want Mommy and Daddy to give you a baby?" I asked hopefully.
"No! Ashley Mommy Daddy's baby!"
Rats... maybe she does understand that IF she has a sibling then she becomes not the only 'baby' in our lives.
"You want Mommy to be the baby?"
"Yes, Mommy lay down." She pointed to her lap.
I laid down suspiciously as I watched her pet my head and 'shhhh' at me.
"Baby crying? What's the matter, baby?" She pretended that I was crying and asked me.
This went on for a couple of minutes.
Later, she said...
"Mommy, Ashley's turn."
"Ashley wants to be baby now?" I asked
"Yeah..." She answered as she proceeded to lay down on my lap and made me cradle her like a baby.
"Ashley, do you want Mommy and Daddy to give you a baby?" I asked hopefully.
"No! Ashley Mommy Daddy's baby!"
Rats... maybe she does understand that IF she has a sibling then she becomes not the only 'baby' in our lives.

2 comments:
That's what I was like!
I had no desire for a sibling. But unlike you - my mother went ahead and had my brother anyways. She thought it'd be "good" for me.
All that resulted was years of getting beat up, and being farted on in the morning.
well, eventually it's good to have a sibling. however, i'm not quite sure yet if it's good for me. :D
Post a Comment