Last week I was sick as a dog. Couldn't even get one full sentence out without coughing or feeling dizzy. So to say the least, the times when I had to take care of Ash became a really really laborious task. However there are few, very few moments when I just enjoyed being sick.
*indistinct singing to some princess DVD*
"Mommy, dance, come."
"Ashley, Mommy is sick.... *cough cough*"
silence.
"Mommy. come. sit." as she sits down on the sofa and pats on the seat right next to her.
"Um. OK, baby."
"Mommy, head. down." she points to her lap as she watched her princess video without skipping a beat.
As I laid my head down gently but hesitantly on her lap not knowing what to anticipate, she surprised me.
"Shhhh... Mommy.... nite nite."
I closed my eyes, I truly enjoyed her gently petting of my hair and her humming of the princess songs.
That was the life.
My love had been returned!

No comments:
Post a Comment