2.27.2007

Alone

Kids are surprisingly smart.

E has recently gone on a business trip and I have been alone with Ash for a few days now. At first I was anticipating myself to experience pure exhaustion, but surprisingly our interaction has been nothing but pleasant and happy. No tantrums (at least nothing severe,) no time-outs, no shouting (on my end,) and no struggles. She has been quite delightful to be around.

Here's our daily routine.... which is not too different from when E is around. We would snack when she gets home and watch some TV. Getting her to take a bath and getting her out of the bath has been a cinch. Dinner time has been pleasant and she ate pretty decently and not like a battle to get her to eat. After dinner, we would color, read books, and play dress up with our dog. Sleeping has been quite calm with no night terrors.

Knock on wood.

I think with just me around, she knows that there is no 'out.' No one else around that she can run to and I would be her only companion for the night (so best not to piss Mommy off.) Even though E and I always support each other when it comes to disciplining Ash, she still knows that if one of us is upset with her, she'll still have another parent to play with.

Kids are too smart. I think they are getting smarter each generation, I highly doubt that I was this smart when I was her age.



2 comments:

ink said...

maybe she simply likes having mom all to herself. REVEL IN IT. in a few years, she'll be all about daddy.

mah-meeee said...

she already is 'daddy this daddy that.' i'm simply the one that takes care of the day to day operations. daddy is the fun one ... and also abit of a softy for 'daddy's girl'.'