3.02.2007

Spoke Too Soon

Rats, I spoke too soon.

As soon as E returned, so did the whining and the night terror. (Which is why I'm up at this ungodly hour - 3am - typing away.) I wonder what is going through her little mind, is this really night terror?

Well, the good news is that E will be taking her to her doctor tomorrow for some diaper rash issue, which then I'm planning to arm him with a list of things to address the doctor. OK I admit it, this is actually more of a good news for me, since most of you who's been reading this blog can probably remember what a stressful event it is to take Ash to the doctors. And stress, as I have recently found out is terribly bad for my health. My poor hubby will have to brave it this time ... hopefully his jet lag will numb the pain in his ear and head tomorrow as he endure the screaming fits at the appointment.

OK, here's something cute to share. Ash and I went to the airport to pick E up today and she was happy the entire way. Not knowing exactly what's going to happen but just know we are going to go get Daddy. When we got to the airport, she was intrigued by the surroundings ... the neon lights, the speaker with 'girl talking' (it's the general broadcast greeting - Welcome to SFO, security alert is orange... blahblahblah.) Just as she seemingly forgot what we are there for...

"Look Ashley, who's that??" As I pointed ahead.
She darted her head around looking for what I was talking about.
"DADDY!" As she squeals on top of her lungs, the most happy "Daddy" she has ever said.
She ran with arms wide open toward E.
All the travelling passengers around them watched smiling.

It was one of those commercial moments, you know? The ones that all the women get misty eyed?

No comments: