There are days when being a parent can be extremely frustrating. I'm not talking about the inner battle between you and the child, (however that is usually the toughest one) but the frustration you feel when you are helpless in trying to protect your child.
One day, Ash came home and hours later finally spilled out why she has been cranky since I picked her up.
*mumble mumble*
"What is it, honey?"
"Push, Ashley push"
"Did you push something?"
"No. Gilly push."
(Gilly is this little boy in her day care)
"Did Gilly push you?"
"Uh huh. Gilly pushy me."
"Did you tell your teacher?"
"Uh huh."
"You sure?"
(She tends to mumble at school when something bad happens, that's why I'm doubting that she did.)
"Ok, honey look at me. If something bad happens to you, you tell teacher, ok?"
"Did Gilly get a time-out?"
"Uh huh."
It was so tough knowing that something unjust have happened to your child, but you are helpless in trying to protect her. The only thing I can do is to keep repeating to her to tell an adult something happened.
I hope one day she'll shed the shyness and know to speak up at her day care and school. That's the only thing I can do to prep her for the world.

No comments:
Post a Comment