One day after I picked her up from her day care and came home, I caught her rummaging through her toy bins, tossing out her stuff toys.
"What are you doing, honey?"
silence... but the tossing of stuff toys continues...
"Honey, what are you doing with your toys?
"No Mommy, these are baby toys."
"Oh, and you're not a baby?"
"No Mommy, Ashley not a baby. No baby toys."
I stared at her in silence. Something must have happened at day care... maybe some kids called her baby or little? But then again, I'm not complaining.... maybe this is one time where peer pressure is a good thing!
Since then, she has kept her stuffed toys, but she's definitely acting more big girl. Talking and describing more instead of going straight into frustration. I'm hoping she's finally growing out of the screaming terrible twos. Or at least, one can hope....
4.15.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment