Baby and I arrived home from the hospital yesterday. I'm glad that Ashley seems pretty excited about her arrival and am really interested in everything 'baby.'
The only one thing I was sort of hesitant to explain to Ashley is the whole nursing and pumping thing. She ended up dealing with the nursing thing funny and the pump thing even funnier.
"Mommy, what's that?" as Ash points at the gadget that is attached to me.
"Oh, that's a pump so that Mommy can get 'mommy milk' for Courtney"
"Ashley, you don't remember, but you used to drink mommy-milk when you were a baby too." my hubby jumped in quickly to explain.
"Oh." She seemed to have lost interest in it quickly.
Then she turned around...
"Mommy, is (i think she meant - it's) like a cow." she added and walked away.
I stared at her in disbelieve. Is she really smart and associated me pumping milk like a cow getting pumped for milk? And where in the world did she see a cow getting pumped for milk anyway?
The only one thing I was sort of hesitant to explain to Ashley is the whole nursing and pumping thing. She ended up dealing with the nursing thing funny and the pump thing even funnier.
"Mommy, what's that?" as Ash points at the gadget that is attached to me.
"Oh, that's a pump so that Mommy can get 'mommy milk' for Courtney"
"Ashley, you don't remember, but you used to drink mommy-milk when you were a baby too." my hubby jumped in quickly to explain.
"Oh." She seemed to have lost interest in it quickly.
Then she turned around...
"Mommy, is (i think she meant - it's) like a cow." she added and walked away.
I stared at her in disbelieve. Is she really smart and associated me pumping milk like a cow getting pumped for milk? And where in the world did she see a cow getting pumped for milk anyway?

5 comments:
congratulations!!! what's the new blog? :)
sj
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Every time C comes up with some incredibly insightful thing like that I just assume it's something they saw on TV at daycare.
HA!
pictures?
of me pumping? or of the new baby? actually she has her own blog now... it's linked to this blog. www.raisingcourtney.blogspot.com
i know... not realy original in title... but hey, i'm sleep deprived!
Post a Comment