3.31.2008

big girl

"Mommy, I can go pee myself now. I don't need your help anymore."

"Oh, great honey! Are you going to wipe yourself too?"

"Yeah, I can do it, I'm a big girl now."

"Wash you hands too?"

"Yeah, Mommy, I can do it."

"Ok big girl, go ahead."

Minutes later, she emerged from the bathroom.

"How did it go, honey?"

"Good" she replied as she goes off to play with her toys.

A few more minutes later...

"Mah-meeeee, mah-meeeee, mah-meeeee"

"Yes honey, what's wrong?"

"I have a booger, wipe it wipe it!"

"Ash, I thought you're a big girl now? Can you go get a tissue yourself and wipe it?"

"No, I'm not a big girl, help me!"

To prevent her from waking up the baby, I went and helped her wipe her nose... (Ok... I know I shouldn't have!)

"Ok, Mommy, I'm a big girl again."

She pranced off to play.

Isn't it curious how she feels that she can switch on and off as a big girl whenever she feels like?

I wish I can do that too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny! What a big/not so big girl!

Unknown said...

That's a great story. I can't wait to have a big girl of my own.