3.31.2008

Mommy-pod

Before Ash became interested in all these kiddie songs, my ipod was filled with songs that I love. Songs for work, songs for inspiration, songs for days I feel blue, and etc. I had a song for every mood, songs that all represented who I was.

As I sat here in my cube at work, music from my ipod drowned out the chatter from cubes around me. As I sang along in my head, all of a sudden, I caught myself singing the Backyardigan's theme song that is blasting through my headphones.

My ipod has also taken on my new identity, a Mommy-pod. Songs for the kiddos had taken up another playlist and not surprisingly, I know every song and all the lyrics.


Hi, I'm Pablo.
My name's Tyrone.
I'm Uniqua.
I'm Tasha.
And my name is Austin.
And we're ...

Your backyard friends, the Backyardigans!


AHHHHHHH! Get these kiddie songs out of my head!

4 comments:

The Santos Boys said...

OMG how funny, I was singing it as I was reading it. I totally know what you are saying.

Kendra said...

I feel your pain...or joy ~ I do! lol

When my oldest was young (Not that he is *old* now) I had lil' people songs everywhere for him. Now I can not stand to listen to them! The songs are only in the TV. Sometimes I feel that if I hear Handy Manny one more time I will S*C*R*E*A*M!

But it's great isn't it? They're only little once....so I'll hush and enjoy it. :)

mah-meeee said...

kendra, the scary part is i know handy manny song by heart too!
hop up jump in, come on let's go...
lol!

Kendra said...

Oh no we a support group! *Laughing*