There seems to be a general consensus that my baby is a cranky and unhappy baby. She never seems to be happy, always very cranky and grumpy. I've tried switching formulas added mylicon and even stopped all her intake of rice cereal. But alas, nothing works. The only time she is happy is probably those few moments right after a long nap.
Is there something wrong? Is it something that we are or are not doing? What can I do to help??
Oh my baby's guardian angel, please help her and shed some light to the cause of her unhappiness...

9 comments:
Hey, I just caught your blog from your link on Fussy's Fight the Frump post. We have a very unhappy baby, also. I'd love to chat about it via email if you want, instead of commenting back and forth and back and forth. Just let me know! I'll select to have follow-up comments emailed back to me.
Two things we have found incredibly useful: The Fussy Baby Book by Dr. Sears, and eventually discovering our daughter has food allergies and of all the symptoms they cause her, the two most prominent are terrible sleeping and really fussy, irritated and, now that she's nearly two, aggressive behavior (when she's having a reaction). There are a couple reasons for that, that I can share if you're interested.
Hope you find some answers! It can be hard when you get little to no break from their fussiness and crankiness to remember that they are only expressing how they feel on the most basic level with the most basic means, so you're right to trust your instinct that something's going on!
I hope I can be of some help to you, if nothing else for support!
Just let me know :)
I breastfed my daughter and can't help with formula ideas. But my daughter went through a very colicky and fussy crying all the time phase from about 6 weeks to 3.5 months. The only person who could get her to sleep was my husband and she would refuse to nurse. She then abruptly grew out of it. How old is C?
Good luck. I hope Jenn helps.
Have you tried checking out ask moxie? I used to get lots of advice there.
Thanks Amy, I'll check out ask moxie. C is 4 months old now and increasingly fussy. Last night I read an article regarding some babies having an reaction to DHA/ARA formulas. I'm going to try getting formula that doesn't have that supplemented and see how that goes...
Thanks for your support!
Awwww....you poor thing. I hope things get better for you and baby C. I know how rough it can be.
Do you have family around you that can help with her to give you a break???
You're in my thoughts.....
oh kendra, ash had been our problematic one until now. court's fussiness and major spit ups worsened this weekend. after reading the articles jenn sent me, i will be taking my baby to get some allergy tests done. (of course, hoping that the dr will agree. they all tend to stay on the conservative side now and uses 'wait it out' method.)
will update soon! hope you had a great weekend!
Awww...I understand completely about the "wait it out method". It can be sooo annoying. I have been there. My younger two have had ear infections badly.
Fingers are crossed for ya! *Wink*
hey - there was an article recently in one of the pediatric medical journals that noticed spit-up (aka GERD, gastroesophageal reflux, basically the same stuff that adults have) improves if you position your baby a certain way. it always helps to keep your baby upright for a bit after eating. but the study found that if you put your baby on her right side for an hour after feeding, and then switch to the left side, there was decreased incidence of reflux.
or you could always try zantac or prilosec.
this is of course, assuming that reflux is the problem and that allergies, as you mentioned, aren't playing into it.
ink, that was the first thing we thought was the problem since ash was a projectile vomitter due to acid reflux. but this isn't the case for court since there were no signs of discomfort after drinking/eating which typically is the case for acid reflux. but thanks for bringing that up because that was the first thing we thought she had!
Post a Comment