5.10.2008

BAM!

So Happy Mother’s Day to me…. And no, I didn’t get to meet Emeril.

We went to the park today for a play date with Ash’s friend, Natalie. The day started out great until Ash decided that she wanted to go on the swing.

“Push me, Mommy.”
“Can you pump, babe?”
“No, Mommy, push me. Higher!”
She glanced at her friend being pushed by her Mommy, gave me the guilt trip look.
“Oh ok…” I gave in as my guilt of having a bad week with her still haunts me.

I walked up to the swing …
I know you are thinking…”OH NO.”

I pushed her forward…
She swung high …
(No, she is not hurt…)
She came back and I got ready to push again ...
My daughter, decided to fling her head back.

BAM!

As the back of her head hit my left cheek and I felt a crack. No, thankfully, it wasn’t my cheek that cracked, nor her head. But it was my front tooth that was crowned years ago cracked, shaving off the front half.

Oh Happy Mother’s day! I got for Mother’s day this year is a black eye and a cracked front tooth. (Which did I mention will cost me about a grand to get a new one?)

Yay me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh holy cow!

That really stinks.

I hope you heal quickly (the black eye) and get to the dentist fast too.

Sarah said...

Oh NO!! That is just terrible! I hope you feel better soon and have a good rest of your Mother's day!

The price of the tooth will hurt as much as the actual hit...

DD said...

I got to you from Valaries blog and just wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your blog.

Blessings,
Well Behaved Krissy

Miss Lisa said...

Ouch--hope they gave you something for pain. Tooth pain is not to be messed around with, I know.
Sorry for the bad luck; just keep thinking--it could be a lot worse, that always helps me in these situations.

SherE1 said...

There are times when my kids head-butt me and I FEEL like I'm going to get a bruise somewhere or lose a tooth but neither actually happens. She must have hit you HARD! Hope you had a happy Mother's Day, anyway...

Unknown said...

Wow, what a way to remember Mother's Day 2008!

mah-meeee said...

yes! what a way to remember mother's day 2008. but all the whining aside... ash made up for it by cuddling with me on sunday for her nap time. :)