"Mommy, you still mad?"
"Yes." I grumpily replied.
"Ash, do you know why I'm mad?"
"No..."
"You sure? You think about this morning... when you acted up."
*silence*
"Ash, you were a pill this morning."
"Mommy, I'm not a pillow!"
"No, I said a pill."
"Pillow?"
"No, pill..." I replied realizing that she doesn't know what a pill is.
"Ash, a pill is like medicine or vitamins."
"Oh... Mommy, then can I be Ashley's vitamin?"
(she has those gummy bear vitamins)
I sighed and replied, "Sure honey."
"I want to be the red ones... they are yummy."
Cute, but sooooo not my point.

6 comments:
How did you not crack up when she thought you called her a "pillow?" Too cute! :)
These little conversations ALWAYS make me laugh to read them. I hope I have the same patience when my daughter is Ash's age!
LOL. That is so sweet. I am sure it is hard to stay mad when she thinks you are calling her a pillow...or a red gummy bear!
"I'm not a pillow"--really hard not laugh when they come up with that kind of stuff no matter how much of a pill they were--I use the 'pill' term too!
Oh how funny! lol
Sometimes they have no clue what we are talking about. I so have days like this.
I hate when my kids make me laugh when I'm trying to be angry! That was too cute "i'm NOT a pillow!"
Last night, after being annoyed by my 4 YO who was making too much ruckus as I was trying to put her brother to sleep, she came up to me and said "Mommy, don't be mad at me when it's a happy mother's day." Aw... how could I possibly stay mad at that?
Post a Comment