I was in a spending money mood today and braved the high oil prices, drove my suv to the mall during my lunch break. I needed something new (it's been ages) ... I want to buy something for Ash to reward her for cooperating lately during the times I have to tend to Court... I just want to spend some money - in the sale rack.
Apparently so did everyone else.
As I pulled into the packed parking lot at 1130am, I circled around for a bit before finding the only spot free that I can tell - in the sun. "Screw it, I only have an hour." I thought to myself and bravely parked in that spot with no shade.
I quickly went into the mall, already knowing that I need to hit the Disney Store for something for Ash and maybe Ann Taylor for some work clothes. As I weaved in and out of the crowds, I got to thinking about this post that my friend Lisa over at Very busy Mom with Four wrote a few days back. (click here for her post regarding summer plans.)
So the point that I was thinking about wasn't about summer planning (which I totally should be!) But the point it being harder for budget due to high gas prices.
Isn't this suppose to be the recession?
Aren't people suppose to watch their spending?
Why are there so many people in the mall with shopping bags in this time?
Am I the only one paranoid about the recession?
I have been trying to think of ways to save money because even in recession, gas prices are still going up (kids still need to go places), food still need to be provided, utilities and mortgages still need to be paid, and the kiddos still grow and will need to replenish their wardrobes.
Are you paranoid like me too? What are you doing to help the family during this recession?

10 comments:
Totally paranoid over here. We now ride our bikes ALL the time. ALL the time. (And when I say we I mean my husband 100% and me 80%.) We're lucky we can do that.
People were spending their STIMULUS checks, that's why it was so crowded!
Yes, I'm getting very worried over here, too. I couldn't believe how much gas was when I filled up yesterday. I wish we could ride our bikes to get around but everything is so far. *sigh* Time to look for a second job, I guess. If people are even hiring.
Thanks for the shout out :)
I have been wondering the same thing--everywhere I go, malls are still packed. I felt like I was the only one concerned; glad I am not alone!
One thing we are doing and it may not sound like much--biking to the park. Every mile counts!
Isn't it amazing when you go to the mall in the middle of the day and it is packed with people? I mean, I know I am also there to see them, but STILL!
And as for the recession, it totally has me freaked out. Gas is killing me in my SUV, and we have a family vacation to go on in July that make the gas prices even more painful. With all of our fertility stuff we are working through, the big question of money is looming large in our house. Maybe not everyone is worried, but I am!
Isn't it amazing when you go to the mall in the middle of the day and it is packed with people? I mean, I know I am also there to see them, but STILL!
And as for the recession, it totally has me freaked out. Gas is killing me in my SUV, and we have a family vacation to go on in July that make the gas prices even more painful. With all of our fertility stuff we are working through, the big question of money is looming large in our house. Maybe not everyone is worried, but I am!
Isn't it amazing when you go to the mall in the middle of the day and it is packed with people? I mean, I know I am also there to see them, but STILL!
And as for the recession, it totally has me freaked out. Gas is killing me in my SUV, and we have a family vacation to go on in July that make the gas prices even more painful. With all of our fertility stuff we are working through, the big question of money is looming large in our house. Maybe not everyone is worried, but I am!
Isn't it amazing when you go to the mall in the middle of the day and it is packed with people? I mean, I know I am also there to see them, but STILL!
And as for the recession, it totally has me freaked out. Gas is killing me in my SUV, and we have a family vacation to go on in July that make the gas prices even more painful. With all of our fertility stuff we are working through, the big question of money is looming large in our house. Maybe not everyone is worried, but I am!
Isn't it amazing when you go to the mall in the middle of the day and it is packed with people? I mean, I know I am also there to see them, but STILL!
And as for the recession, it totally has me freaked out. Gas is killing me in my SUV, and we have a family vacation to go on in July that make the gas prices even more painful. With all of our fertility stuff we are working through, the big question of money is looming large in our house. Maybe not everyone is worried, but I am!
wow sarah, you're worried 5x others! *wink*
yup, I'd guess stimulus checks. Instead of paying off thier credit card debt like they should be doing, they're spending.
(but, this is from someone who just bought more camera than they could afford). :)
Post a Comment