6.09.2008

all in a few hours

Woke up at 530 to shower.

Shower cut short by hearing baby blabbering really loudly...

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH."

Got baby changed & fed.

Got a cup of coffee... get milk for the princess.

Played with baby on our bed while she is in a good mood.

Princess awaken 'scrying' that she has to pee.

Baby in one arm and with the other, ripping the princess' pj bottom and the nite time pull ups off. (Yes, I know she has pull ups on, but those things never hold enough. My princess apparently drinks a lot.)

Got princess dressed.... gave her milk offered bagel.

Put baby down to play in her crib.

Got my hair done, makeup done, got dressed.

Baby screams...

Almost tripped over the clothes on the bathroom floor dashing to baby, found that she had pooped.

Changed baby's diaper and her outfit after hearing in the news that today is going to be a really hot one.

While changing baby, heard dog pumping for vomit.

*Crap*

Tossed (not literally) baby into her crib, grabbed a wipe from changing table, caught the dog's vomit just in time.

*Eww*

Washed hands three times... let dog out to do his business.

Picked up the baby, then baby decided to spit up ... into my hands.

*Eww*

Washed hands again.

Dog barks wanting to come in. Let dog in.

Put baby into her car seat.

Sunblock princess' face & limbs. Bug spray her legs.

Load up the car & dropped kiddos off at day care.



Hubby is away this week, I have to handle the kiddos all by myself.

*shudder*

(For all you sahm with kids... hats off to you. I don't know how you do it... and keep sane.)

8 comments:

Karen MEG said...

Actually, I'm not really... sane, I mean. Insane, for the past almost 3.5 years now LOL!

I'm also solo this week, but it does definitely help that I'm at home now, without the daycare dropoffs to contend with anymore. Or having to do my hair and makeup. At all, if I don't want to. No hot SAHDads in the neighbourhood *snort*

I honestly don't know how SINGLE parents do it!

Good luck this week!

Unknown said...

Oh... regurgitation twice... I'm so glad I'm done with the spit up stage. All 3 of my kids were massive spit up kids... I smelled like sour milk for a good 5 years.

I'll be thinking of you this week! Hope you come out of it sane. :) LOL!

SherE1 said...

Sounds like my mornings even when hubby IS home! =) I also commend all those SAHM's and SAHD's. Tough work being a parent - especially with no help!

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend,

I am SO impressed that you got your hair done with a morning like this!!! You are SUPER MAMA!!!

Hugs,

Krista

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Oh, girl! Hang in there! It is so hard when your husband is away! I remember the panic that would wash over me back when we had our dog and I'd hear her gearing up for the puke. I would run frantically to her and try to push her off the carpet and onto the tile before she managed to let it blow. Ick.

DD said...

Girl! That is A LOT of bodily fluids in one day. I think you deserve some sort of award or something.

CC said...

I don't know how SAHMs do it either! I've just got to get out of the house to stay sane!!

Miss Lisa said...

At least you got your coffee ;)
I DIE without my coffee (and that is how SAHMs do it!)