6.23.2008

it's one of those weekends....

This past weekend was one of those weekends where it is just purely draining.

This past Saturday Ash had her first gymnastics class. Since her ballet class is ending for Summer break, I wanted her to take another class in it's place. She was excited at first... until it came time to start.

She backed up into the corner wall.
Sat down.
Hand in mouth.
Shaked head violently refused to join in.
"No, no circle time." (They start each class with circle time.)
"Ash, it's fun!"
"No, no."
"Come on, look, they are galloping like a horsey!"
"No."
This went on for 20 minutes. I was nearly going to blow my lid. Hubby and the other parents were cautiously looking at me.

"What?" I hissed at my husband as I stepped out of the room.
"Um... you look really pissed."
" I AM pissed. I didn't pay $300 for her to sit in the corner. She has taken classes before, it's not like this is her first time!" I was near boiling point by then.
After a few minutes outside of the room... I cooled down and proceeded to go in.

"Ash, you want to leave?"
"YES."
"I thought you like gymnastics?"
"I want to go home..." She was in tears by that time.
"Ash. I paid alot of money for this class. If you don't want to participate, you will just have to sit here."

Finally, I was going to give up. Oh well, that's money down the drain.
THEN she finally decided to go in.

Later that night, she told me..." Mommy, I don't like circle time. I don't want to go to gymnastics. I just want to do what I want to do."

Ok... I was going to blow again... until I hear the babe upstairs vomiting in her crib.

"Crap."

I hurriedly upstairs to change the baby and change her sheets. The baby was just having a rough time that night. She started a runny nose and kept choking on her phelm/mucus and then vomit inevitably followed. That was the third time that night and I was about to cry. It was only 8pm...

Fought back the tears of self-pity, I cleaned up the baby, changed her and then changed the sheets and then rocked her to sleep.

By the time I settled everything with baby, I had already forgotten how boiling mad I was at Ash. I came down stairs and praised her on how well she behaved while I had to go help baby.

*Sigh*

It's just one of those weekends....

9 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

No fun. Happy baby feels better.
Hopefully Ash will enjoy gymnastics next time :)

Unknown said...

Oh you poor thing. I hope Ash starts to like the class. Maybe she'll make a friend there?

Sarah said...

Oh no! The fact that she said she wants to do what she wants to do...hehe...you have a strong willed little girl there!

I bet she will start to enjoy the class eventually...who doesn't want to learn gymnastics??

As for the baby vomit...that's just a real shame! Hope your week is looking up!!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Hey, at least you got something to write about.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Keep your chin up! Usually after a day like that, the next day improves greatly. We've all been there. My daughter told me last week that she did not want to do swim team anymore. That was literally 10 minutes after I handed them the check for $70. So, you're in good company!

Unknown said...

Ugh. I hope things have gotten better. {{Hugs}}

Unknown said...

I hope the baby is better by now. That vomit/mucus connection is so strange.

So... this also brings back memories of my reluctance to join in a dance class my mom enrolled me in. I could not say it in words at the time, but the problem was that right when I got there, with no warm-up of getting to know everyone, I was asked to do somersaults in front of a bunch of strangers. Maybe there was too much pressure? Just a thought. Now I feel for my mom way back when!

Anonymous said...

Dang, girl.

I'd love to say something encouraging here - but I'm at a loss. That is just rough all the way around.

Made for a GREAT post though...

Tough to believe these will be but days gone by, right?

Tara said...

Oh gosh. I hope things are better now. That does sound like a rough patch. Take care.