6.24.2008

healthy eating

I L-O-V-E watching Good Morning America in the mornings. It's like adding pep to my morning coffee. I love getting my morning started with a cup of coffee and watching GMA.

Anyhoo... that's not quite what I want to blog about today. It's actually about this segment that I saw on GMA this morning that got me inspired.

They have this segment this morning regard additives in our foods that can be related to ADHD or allergies. (click here for the online aritcle)

Totally inspired by that segment, I wonder what kind of crap am I feeding my family??

I quickly pan through the pantry ...



oops... i guess not the best snacks in the world... but OH SO GOOD!





I guess I was hoping that these will be better alternatives... but really who am I kidding, right?


Of course, I also patted myself in the back for having these in the fridge ....



picture of apple curtesy of flickr's professor megan


So what do you have in your pantry and what are some healthy alternatives for your family? Any 'no-time-needed' healthy snack ideas for moi?

6 comments:

Kendra said...

My kiddos love cheez it’s. I always have them on stock. I also have tons of fruit in the house. Hmmm....you got me thinking this morning! :)

Miss Lisa said...

Here's my secret--I shop Whole Foods--they don't allow products with any of the bad ingredients in the store and they have organic like cheez it's and for Goldfish, quack'n'bites. But my favorite is baled pita chips and pre-cut veggies with hummus :)
I buy lots of pre-cut/pre-washed fruit and veggies--very handy :)

Kendra said...

Check out my blog .... there is something there for you! :)

DD said...

Granola bars, apples, fresh cut cantelope, home-made lemonade pops with fresh fruit frozen in.

We eat a lot of fruit in our house (so we always have a lot of toilet paper ;).)

Anonymous said...

Air Popped popcorn. Seriously. It's a snack and massive entertainment, if my children's squeals are any indication. Big Red literally spins in circles and laughs while it pops.

I think my children might be a little spazzy.

Tara said...

I keep lots of fresh fruit around. Since doing the Integrative Nutrition program I'm really wary of any food that has ingredients in it I'm not familiar with. Who knows what that stuff is?