6.02.2008

sweet surprise

So about a week ago, I won a book giveaway from Spaz at Domestic Spaz. I received the book today and along with it, a sweet surprise! By the way, if you haven't been to her blog before, go check it out asap, you'll be stalking her like me.

ANYWAY, Spaz has written about her spice cake in a few posts and I have repeatedly (ahem, shamelessly) asked for them. GUESS WHAT? Bless her heart, she sent me a surprise and it is not just a cupcake, but an entire spice cake!!!



So I immediately opened it and my sweet-toothed daughter came running at the sound of the foil ripping open.

I told her that we'll break the rules today and she can have a slice before dinner. (Actually I really wanted a slice but I don't want to pig out by myself before dinner.)



Here she is wondering why Mommy is letting her have cake before dinner. Is this her lucky day?

Note: Dog really wants it too...

(I apologize for the quality of pictures below... baby in one arm, camera in another, you know how that goes ...)

Devouring the cake big mouthful by big mouthful....


Gave up on the spoon (it wasn't fast enough) and just used her hands instead. It was literally finger-lickin'-good!

** Spaz... Thanks! I don't think I've ever had spice cake before (the closest I had was carrot cake) and your cake was the bomb! Now I have to go hide it so the rest of the family doesn't find it ... **


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Rules were meant to be broken! Especially for cake!

Sarah said...

Wow, now that is a nice blog give away bonus!! Makes me want some spice cake too...

Valarie Lea said...

mmmmm that looks good!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you and Ash liked it! LOL! We never use silverware for it, either. :)

The recipe is tucked inside the book if you want to recreate or mess with it. The Man wants me to put a glaze on it but I haven't tried that yet.

mah-meeee said...

it was sooooo good.... i hid the rest of the cake last night so that it won't mysteriously disappear!

no glaze needed!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous header and photos. Spice cake is fabulous. I love it!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

You know it's a great day when you receive dessert in the mail!!! Yeah for you!!!

Miss Lisa said...

So does she post a recipe?!
YUM!

Anonymous said...

What a nice treat! Isn't it fun to win something!?!?