7.19.2008

the day she became a girl

We had decided to start trying to cut nap from Ash's weekend routine to get her to go to bed earlier.

It was sometime around 3pm today when I just start to zonk out playing on the floor in the play room with her as hubby took the baby to relieve me. Oviously, Ash was ready for no more naps, but I wasn't.

"Mommy?" Ash asked as I start to drift in and out playing with her...
"Yes? Ash, Mommy is really tired. Can I just rest for a moment?"
"Ok Mommy"
Minutes went by, I opened my eyes to find her playing with her 'Little People" sets by herself. She turned and said, "Go to sleep, Mommy."
"Oh, ok.. you ok?"
"Yeah, shhhhhh, go to sleep."
Moments later, I open my eyes again, " Go back to sleep, I'll get you your blanket" she ordered.
Ash went to the living room to get our throw from the couch.
"Here you go, Mommy." She said as she proceeded to put and arrange the throw on me.
"Close your eyes, go to sleep Mommy."

I must have drifted in and out for an hour, with her telling me each time to go back to sleep .... the whole time she played right beside me watching my every move.

I never thought the day will come...

My baby... my princess... taking care of her overly -exhausted Mommy.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This is delightful! I hope the day comes for me too. Some day.

Tara said...

Oh, this is too sweet. I could never get Tess to nap. After 18 months she was done. Which is a shame as afternoon naps are delightful at any age.
Bless her little heart, she'll be a good mommy herself one day!

Unknown said...

What a sweetie! My kids would just be pushing on me to get up and fix them something to eat or drink or something.

Sarah said...

What a great story! She is so sweet.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Oh that is such a sweet story. And, I'm trying very hard not to be jealous.

Anonymous said...

What a precious story, what a precious girl.

I am sure that will be a cherish memory for you!!!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Oh, that is too sweet. What a great memory to share with her when she's older.

Miss Lisa said...

What a sweet baby :)

Anonymous said...

Here's where you know you did something right!

Unknown said...

Isn't the reason that we HAVE children so that they can take care of us in our old age? Who knew old age would occur so soon!

elexisb said...

Aahhh! So SWEET! My girls like to get me pillows and blankets and take care of me too, but NO WAY for an hour! That's one patient sweetie you have there. Great job :)

DD said...

this really is sooo sweet. :) I love good lovin. Ready for my babies to come back now I think.