7.18.2008

Fight the Frump - help!



It's Fight the Frump day again! But today ladies, I'm going to ask for your help.
Maybe it has been due to stress or the lack of sleep, but I have been breaking out like crazy. Now, I ain't in my 20s anymore, so you can just imagine the horror I feel as I stare into the mirror everyday. I was never one with the perfect complexion and barely-there-pores, but I had at least ok enough skin that with makeup I can still look decent. NOT ANYMORE.
So I have been thinking whether I should give this a try...

Or maybe this....



Or maybe I should go all out and get something more expensive from Sephora like this...






So what do you think? Do you or have you had my problem? Any suggestions?? HELP!

For more Fight the Frump ideas from other ladies, head over to Fussy's!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I have been breaking out like mad too! I finally broke down and got Proactive, and I really love it. It has made all the difference. I tried to switch to Mary Kay because my sister started selling it, but it just did not have the same success as the Proactive, so I am back to it.

Unknown said...

I stopped washing my face. It worked.

Someone somewhere on the blogosphere lately mentioned Burt's Bees Tomato Complexion soap or something as being very helpful, though. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I wish I could help~

Hope you find the answers soon.

Have a blessed weekend~

Krista

Unknown said...

I think it depends on your skin and the symptoms it is having. If you have deep painful eruptions, go see a dermatologist, please! (I have a terrible skin history and some scars to go with it.)

Otherwise I am unfamiliar with those products, though proactiv has a good reputation. Please do not use "skin thinners" they do not work (ex: alpha hydroxy acid).

elexisb said...

If you belong to a wholesale club like BJ's, they have comparitives to ProActive. BJ's has AcneFree (I believe that's it, it's in orange & white packaging) and it's great.

Kendra said...

I have been having issues lately myself. I thought about buying ProActive. Actually, I was on their site last weekend. But I didn't do it.
I recently bought a Biore product that I think I really like. It is the pore unclogging scrub.
Good luck. have a fabulous friday and weekend. :)

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

No help here, but I'll be interested to know what you find out.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I haven't tried Proactiv, but I've heard very good things about it. They just ran a review about it over at Chic Critique. Here's the link: http://www.chic-critique.com/2008/07/kiss-that-bad-c.html

Anonymous said...

I've never tried any of these products, but my friend once told me that her brother tried it and the product contained some really strong bleaching agents that it totally bleached every single of of his pillow cases!! Scary, huh?

Tara said...

I used ProActiv for years and it worked well but now I'm, ahem, 40 something, and it was too drying. I switched to Alba Seaweed products (available at Target) and I love them. I also changed up my diet to reduce sugar and wheat and include way more dark leafy greens. I followed the Integrative Nutrition program. Between the two my skin has really improved. Now if I could just do something about those chin hairs!

MOMSWEB said...

Water, water, water. I'm a firm believer our skin is a reflection of what's going on inside our bodies.

I enjoyed visiting your blog. I found it on Top Momma.

Miss Lisa said...

DIET DIET DIET--usually producers are corn and dairy. I'd take out corn and see what happens. My husband always has a 'buddy' on his face a day after tex-mex.

Karen MEG said...

I tried Proactive about 5 years ago (when I was still in my 30s) and it didn't do much for me... but then I've always had problem skin. And yes, if you do use it beware the bleaching capabiities (read: dark brown towels become orange!)

Good luck with this... it's annoying, the changing skin isnt it?