"Ash, I love your cheeks!" I said as I smack a good kiss on her this morning.
"Are they fat?" she asked
"No no, they're cute!" I quickly responded and followed with another kiss on her cheeks.
"They're fat!"
"Cute!"
"Fat, Mommy, fat!"
*silence* I was still contemplating how to get out of this conversation...
"Mommy, you're fat, right?"
*more silence*
"Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be fat like you."
"Honey, sure thing. You are beautiful now and will be always."
That's when I realized that she is not old enough to think "fat" as a negative word. I certainly am going to make sure she stays that way for a long time.
When is it that we got infuenced to think "fat" as a negative description on ourselves?
** on a side note, go check out my friend spaz's place. she's starting a party! **

12 comments:
It starts way to early!!
What a sweetie! Fat IS cute to her!
And thanks for pimping my new place. ;)
Ah! perfect. I now officially have a "cute" belly.
So far, I've kept my girls from learning the words 'fat' and 'ugly' but I don't it'll be much longer. They aren't around other kids much when I'm not there too. Guess it's just a matter of time now.
Love that conversation.
I LOVE THIS!!!! So adorable. Thank you for the smile this brought to my face!!!
My 4YO loves to tell me how fat I am. Especially how big my butt is. I can't thank her enough *sarcastically* I hope she means it the same way Ash does!
I always wanted to be chubby when I got older. Chubby moms are much more comforting to hug than bony moms. And I think fat grandma's are much more approachable than skinny grandma's.
You can tell her you're fat with love for her.
I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is ALWAYS... no.
I'm sure she was referring to "Phat" with a "PH" -- and you are totally that, my dear! ;-)
(Here's the official definition, in case you wanted to know: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/phat)
She's so innocent and sweet with such love for her mama--this is one of those times I am glad I read your blog. KWIM?
Post a Comment