7.11.2008

Fight the Frump - hair dressing



It's Fight the Frump Friday! Today, let's talk about what accessories are appropriate to put in our hair.

Come on now, you know you've tried it or want to try it... it's so tempting to just try one of those cute-as-can-be hair clips that your daughter has...


You know.. the ones that look like this?



Or this?




But realistically, we're not 2 or 3 or 5 years old. Those only look cute on them.
You are probably better off with something safe and conservative like this.....



But there are still some creative hair 'dressings' that we as adults can use.
How about this? A bit of bohemian flare and not boring.


Or you can opt for something safe and does the job without looking like you are trying to look like your daughter's age.
Like this....

Or even this has a bit more fun but still sophisticated.

Or if you are in the 20s, you can certainly carry off a look like this.

Not this...

Now, after all these picture examples, don't let me catch you doing this.

This is better reserved for your 5 year old.

Happy Friday and for more Fight the Frump, head over to Fussy's!

11 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I don't know, I love the felt flowers. Just kidding. Although, I wish I had those when I was 5 years old. Ha ha.

Amy Fox said...

good advice. :)

Unknown said...

LOL! I have often had to stop myself from putting in ladybugs and sunflowers.

They're cute... I can't help it.

Valarie Lea said...

This is really so true! I don't know how many times, I have seen a grown woman with a ribbon in her hair. Don't do it!!! :)

Abbreviated said...

You mean I CAN'T wear pea pods at 49 ?

On vacation I shopped at Claires & stocked up on double metal headbands.

Miss Lisa said...

Don't foget--pigtails don't look too good on a 30 plus women either ;)

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute vegetables!
The only thing I put on my head is a baseball cap on a bad hair day!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I've always wished I could wear that bohemian style accessory, but my hair is way too fine. It just slides right out. :(

Unknown said...

Aw! C'mon! I love having a pink dragonfly in my hair!

Seriously, I've never even put that kind of accessory in Ladybug's hair. I know the day is coming, but I'm trying to keep my life simple!

Tara said...

I love these no-frump posts! I have super short hair so no accessories, but I was guilty of buying clothes from the juniors department. My daughter nixed them when she helped me with my Mother's Day "makeover." Since going more age appropriate I've gotten more complements than ever, so I guess it was a smart move!

Anonymous said...

Your advice is spot on~ but there are times that I am tempted to put where some of Bella's hair pretties!!!!