So today I'm playing along with Spaz for a bad/good Mommy-moment story for her friend that is having her first baby and have fears of being a bad Mommy.
This happened one beautiful Saturday afternoon. Hubby and I decided to bring the then 1 year old Ash to Monterey/Carmel for the weekend. We haven't been on a mini vacation for what felt like forever since the birth of princess Ash. So we took off early and drove a few hours to the white sandy beaches of Carmel.
We window shopped, we ate breakfast and lunch there, watched our dog go crazy off-leash on the beach with his new found pals. It was a beautiful day out.
What I didn't plan as a new Mom, was the drastic weather difference between where we lived and a few hours south at the beach. It was freezing over there. I had only packed a light terry hoodie for Ash, and I prayed that she'll be warm enough in the stroller with her blanket snugly over her. She seemed fine... happy, observing, and eating and drinking just fine. "Whew!" I thought to myself.
So on our way back, Hubby asked if I wanted to stop off at the mega Outlet center on the way home. "Of course!" I responded... Ash was fast asleep in her car seat.
After what felt like hours of shopping, I mentioned to hubby how strange that Ash was still fast asleep. Hubby said that she seems abit warm... maybe because we are in a warmer weather now than the beach. As inexperienced as I was, I agreed.
Upon arrival at home, something was just not right... I took her temperature. "HONEY! Come quick!" I scried (scream-cry). Ash had a temperature of over 100 by then and climbing. I was in tears of what a bad Mommy I was for not noticing. Hubby reassured me that she'll be fine and we called the pediatrician right away.
Obviously, no harm was done since she is now a happy 4 year old (most of the time).
What is your story? Do you have a bad Mommy moment to share too? Go visit Spaz's and play along!

7 comments:
I have been so busy at work, that I have not posted one yet. Your story is a classic, it happens to the best of us. :)
That's not so bad. It was more than likely a virus Ash caught not the cold air if she had a fever. We've all been guilty of dressing them wrong...I know I have.
Thanks for playing along! That really isn't so bad at all. Definitely not as bad as MY story! :) But isn't it horrible how much we beat ourselves up for every little mistake?
Oh gosh. This is not a bad story at all! I was prepared for some major dirt! ;)
I think that one has happened to many of us ;)
Yep, been there done that, it's not the worst thing you can do...trust me.
Yep, I've been to that "movie" too! ;-) Fortunately, no harm was done (and, you did get to go to the outlet mall, after all!).
Post a Comment