Last night I placed C down by the foot of our bed with her toys scattered around her. I then take Ash to our bathroom (which is in clear line of sight to the bed) to give her her daily bath.
C used to wail every time I set her down, but now, she knows the routine really well. That's the first thing we do when we come home from day care ... give Ash her bath. (She's like that kid in Peanuts that tracks dirt...what's his name?)
Anyhoo... I started to bathe Ash.
Minutes later, I felt a tug at my pants...
"What the?"
I look down....mouth dropped open...
"C, how did you get here?"
I look back and there must be 8 to 10 feet between the tub and the foot of the bed...
"BABY! She is crawling!" squealed an overly excited Ash.
"Darn, where is that camera?"
"Why is it when I need it I can't find it?"
"Now I won't have a picture for my blog post!"
"Oh my gawd.. I really need to go buy that baby gate this weekend."

6 comments:
Yeah! How exciting! Time to "batten down the hatches" my friend! My little one just started crawling too, although it took her 14 months to actually do it.
His name is PigPen!!
Congrats little one on squirrling around there little bit! Party on! Excellent!
Yay!! Go Baby C!
Awww.. that is just too cute!! My Ash is almost walking.. dear God!
Good for Baby C!!! What a triumphant moment for her!
And OMGosh aren't you glad she crawled to YOU and not out of the room?
I posted something today calling for stories about your worst parenting mistakes. If you've already posted one in the past or feel like posting another one and linking up, I'd definitely appreciate it! :)
Pigpen ;)
Yay for little C--you GO girl :)
Post a Comment