9.03.2008

crib bumpers


When I was pregnant with Ash, I went into this PBK (Pottery Barn Kids) craze. I bought matching bumpers, sheets, and quilt sets like there is no tomorrow. However, after I had Ash, I realized that aside from the sheets, nothing else is useful to me at all! (You know, with all the SIDS scare and all....) I soon abandon the dream of that beautifully decked out crib and opted for the simple no frills look.




However, now with C constantly getting her chunky thighs stuck in the crib slats and screaming bloody every night until we go unstuck her, I resorted to putting the bumpers on the crib. It has been working wonderfully for the past two weeks. It even made it warmer for her in the crib, since her room seems to get awfully cold every night.




Now, there is something about this crib bumper business that I'm just not getting.... maybe ya'll expert Mommies can help. How in the world do you get it to stay nice and tight and not flumping over? I kept tightening the ties, running my hands over it to smooth it... but it just seems to slump. Is there a missing page in my 'Mommy-handbook'? I seemed to be lacking the knowledge to do it correctly...




3 comments:

Michelle@Life with Three said...

We had to remove my daugher's bumpers because she kept getting her head stuck between the bumper and the crib slats. Yeah, mother of the year, I know. So really, I'm no expert. But, the bumpers my mom has on the crib at her house, however, kind of slumped. She took some extra ribbon and sewed on a few extra ties (spaced evenly between the existing ones), and that helped tremendously.

DD said...

Girl I could NEVER Get my stupid bumpers to do what they were supposed to do. I did walk in when Josie was randomly screaming going down for a nap to find those chubby thighs wedged tightly into the slats. OWIE

The Santos Boys said...

The bumpers don't stay straight or tight, give it up!