11.11.2008

help and advices


How did you deal with babies that doesn't sleep through the night?


If I have posted about this before, I apologize and blame it on my lack of sleep. (I've been only averaging 4 to 5 hours a night, and not continuous!)

I was blessed with Ash that she slept through since month two, but Court-baby is a different story. At 11 months she is still waking up at all hours of the night. I wanted to let her cry it out and what not, but with our current living conditions... (very very close proximity neighbors) I felt that I can't, not without seriously disturbing our neighbors. (They have already been more than gracious in going through the latter part of Ash's sound-barrier-breaking-tantrums!)


So I have been doing the 'comfort-but-not-pick-up-from-the-crib' method that our pediatrician approved. It worked for awhile, but lately it has all but backfired. The baby has learned....


Any suggestions ladies?? Hubby and I are in dire need of some full nights sleep (really!! PLEASE!)
... and NO, hiring a 'night-nanny' is definitely out of our budget.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Benadryl, baby. (For you, not her.)

I realize it may not solve the neighbor problems.... can you put together a little care package for them with ear plugs AND Benadryl?

Okay. Seriously. Can you keep her up later than normal and bathe her just before bed? Make sure she's warm enough - maybe a little warm milk with vanilla in her belly?

It's making me tired to think about it.

Good luck! This too shall pass.

Unknown said...

It was when Ladybug was 10 months that we gave in and started co-sleeping. It has worked wonderfully for us, but I realize it's not for everyone.

She could be having some bad teething pain too. We just discovered teething tablets. Good stuff.

Valarie Lea said...

Yep I agree with Heather. We have let all three sleep with us. It has worked just fine. We moved Jessie out when Syd came along and then Syd out when L.L. came along. Now I am not having anymore to move him out, but he has been a difficult one to move out. He is getting there though. :)

Unknown said...

I am with the other ladies... bringing her to bed with us helps us sleep.

And miss J has always woken up 4-5 times a night. In bed at least she drifts back off to sleep quickly.

Good luck whatever you choose.
I like checking out ask moxie for advice and commiseration!

Miss Lisa said...

I WISH I knew. Spanky is 2 and still wakes up to nurse at 3 :0

DD said...

I'd suggest earplugs and turning off the monitor.