
I generally consider myself as an easy going person and I try not to post things like this... but there are just days when annoying people will keep me up at night.
Do you ever have people in your life that just annoys the crap out of you? I mean, this person is just so arrogant that I can't stand the sight of their presence. Yet, they have been a part of your circle of friends for so long that you just can't single them out and 'disown' them.
Anyhow ... I have one of those people in my life. And I see them at every party and every gathering, even if I'm the one throwing it.
This particular person is a friend of my hubby's (sorry honey, I know you read my blog and know who I'm talking about.) Throughout the years, he has gotten more and more arrogant , so much so that I can't stand talking or even looking at him. Everything that comes out of his mouth somehow always seems to belittle you or just makes fun of you. At first, I saw it as his 'humor', but throughout the years, I've came to the conclusion that he just doesn't think much of me.
The anger and the annoyance that has been building up is annoying me so much that I have to outlet it somewhere... thus this post. (You guys are my only free outlet!) I keep telling myself to adhere to my faith and see the good in people, but it has been getting significantly harder to do so.
What to do??

5 comments:
Sadly we all have these people. I wish I had some advice but I don't :(
Hope you can get more sleep!
Bitchslap him.
Or, you could simply rip him to shreds on your blog to get it out of your system. That's what I would do :). But I'm not as big of a person as you are.
Or, invite him over when I'm visiting, and I'll bitchslap him for you. Then you can say, "I don't know what came over my cousin! I mean, I have no idea why she would do such a thing!"
A guy this arrogant, condescending and rude probably has the tiniest self esteem ever. He is probably super insecure and overcompensating. Not that that makes it any easier. But maybe you can feel pity for his sad pathetic little life. He probably gets even worse when around you and your family because he desperately wants what you have - a loving family, peace in Christ and joy whether times are lean or fat. Keep praying for him. And also try to avoid him! ha ha
get the book Crucial Conversations. Thats what I'd suggest. :) I have people I hate like that too and I've found avoidance the best tool. Seem vacant, not rude.
Oh, I have someone like this in my life (part of my husband's family, too). Honestly, I don't have any great advice. Over the years (13 and counting), I've pretty much learned to ignore him. I interact as little as possible with him and find that I'm much happier that way. I also remind myself that the comments he makes, while they might seem like they are about me, actually have a heck of lot more to do with him.
Post a Comment