12.15.2008

my favorite moments lately

*Note: lately due to some rearranging at home, baby and I have been sleeping in Ash's room.*


I had been feeling congested lately and was sniffling in the middle of the night....

I felt hands touched mine.

Looked over to find Ash looking at me still half asleep...

"Mommy" she said.
"Yes?"
"It's ok, you're fine. Everything is fine." She said reassuringly
"Ummm..." I managed to say.
"Go to sleep Mommy, I love you." Then she rolled over and fell sound asleep.

Then I REALLY started to get misty.

-----------------------------------------

There was a thunderstorm last night.

Both Ash and I got awakened by the loud thunder.

We held hands and she closed her eyes to go back to sleep.

Then heavy rain came down and sprayed across Ash's window.
"tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat..."

Ash's eyes sprung open. She turned towards me and looked at me wide-eyed.

I whispered, "It's just rain, honey."

She responded calmly, "No, Mommy. It's Santa. The reindeers are on our roof."

I smiled.

I have forgotten what it was like to still believe.

------------------------------------------------

Courtney has started to walk and speak.

In the middle of the night she would wake up, stand up in her pack-n-play.

Looks over...

"Hi."
"Hi."
"Hi."
"Aaaashhh-eee"
"Hi. Aaaashhh-eee."

I try not to make a noise and giggled quietly.

*Courtney's progression of words...*
1.Dada
2.Uh-oh
3.No no no
4.Baba
5.Mama
6.Hi
7.Aaashhh-eee

4 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

I love the first two stories--so sweet :)

Courtney is going to be talking up a storm any minute!

Anonymous said...

I love that "hi" and "uh-oh" is one of her first words! The uh-oh is especially cute.

Juice said...

This post is so sweet! Thanks for sharing. :)

DD said...

these are some really sweet bits of life. LOVE IT.