That is, until now. Lately so much has been going on that I just can't fight it anymore. I can no longer keep up with picking up after the kids or myself. Last night's dishes are still on the dining room table, the kids' toys are still scattered all over the toy room, our beds are unmade, and clean laundry waiting to be folded are piling up.
Just the thought of it made me lose precious sleep last night. However my tired body just can't get myself to get up and clean the mess. With my eyes wide open staring into the darkness and my head filled with the humming of the humidifier, yet my body refuses to get itself out of bed.
Maybe tomorrow will be a better day and life will be normal again. The dishes will be cleaned, the toys will be picked up, and the laundry will be folded....
Maybe....

4 comments:
Ugh - I hate that feeling. My house is a wreck right now too. I turned down dinner plans tonight so I can CLEAN! How messed up is that???
A tornado (named Logan) went through my house, so I can feel you.
You're younger than me, but you have to have heard that old saying about it being okay that dishes and laundry are waiting because you have children to love and spend time with.
My son is 22, and I see kids in stores who remind me so much of his little-kid-absolutely-preciousness and I just smile, but I want to cry. I miss him at every age.
So, TRUST you are a good mom, and give yourself a break on this. I understand how you're feeling, I like my house Monica-ized too. (Fortunately, with my crazy job, my husband is my Monica.) But remember how much Monica wanted babies? You have that. If she were real, her house wouldn't be neat as a pin now either.
Oh, I posted the back of my penguin T, just for you.
ellie from Illinois
ellieisanewthing.blogspot.com
I hear ya on this one. This morning, while hubby took the kids, I managed to clean the kitchen to spotless perfection. Then, they came home for lunch. It was like a tornado tore through the place -- and within 10 minutes the kitchen looked like it did an hour and a half before. It's now 10:30 p.m. and I still haven't cleaned up the kitchen from lunch, because the thought of having to clean AGAIN is just so depressing. The dishes are soaking in the sink and (as much as I can't stand doing this), I'm going to leave them until the morning. All that to say, you've definitely got company in your boat! :)
Post a Comment