
Everytime I'm changing, Ashley would stare at me then comes and give me a big hug, burying her face in my tummy.
This morning ~
"Mommy .... I LOVE you. I LOVE your tummy." Ash said as she ran towards me to give me a huge hug.
"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked.
"Your tummy - so soft... so cuddly." She replied as she shoves her face in my tummy.
Not knowing what else to say, "Oh ... thank you (i guess)"
"You are like Kung Fu Panda!" She exclaimed.
"Hmmm... thanks honey. "
"Yes yes, it's nice, soft, and big size like Kung Fu Panda! How did you get big size tummy?" She asked.
"Well honey, I've had two babies - you and Courtney. It's tough for Mommy to get nice tummy back like yours." I explained.
"My tummy? I like yours better! When I grow up can I get babies and have tummy like yours too?" She asked so innocently and rubbing my tummy at the same time.
I laughed and said, "Sure honey!"
I know I should be hurt or something like that. But it's the innocence and the way she said it... I feel surprisingly honored.

5 comments:
When my son was small, he'd relish hugging my mom--who was a size 20, and then he'd hug me and tell me, "I like hugging Gramma better, you have too many bones."
My niece once looked at a spider vein behind my knee and told me she liked the drawing on my leg.
They do say the most innocent things, and you should feel honored--I want to smack those women with 6-packs who say, "And I've had nine babies!"
PS--And I would wager you're not big at all!
Awwwww. That is sweet. I would feel honored, too. :)
Btw, you won my flower clippie giveaway! Shoot me an email with your mailing info, and I'll get them out to you asap!
What a sweet story!
How sweet! You have just the right attitude about it!
Missy came in while I was changing and poked my boob. She starts laughing and says, "Mommy, your breasts are like big, fat pillows!"
I wanted to be pissy, but let's face it, that's too funny!
Post a Comment