3.03.2009

one crazy fun yet sleepless night

I'm not sure if it's teething or not, but lately Court has been just tossing and turning all night with random screams. So what do I do?? Of course, I went and decideed to sleep with her to shorten the length of screams AND of course, the distance between my room and hers.
*I'm sure I've mentioned before that C hates her crib and we took her out and put her on our spare queen mattress on the floor. No? Well... now you know.*

So last night, as usual she woke up tossing every hour or so. Occasionally she'll even called out, "Mah mah? Mah mah?"
*Her eyes were closed so I determined she was NOT awake.*

At this point, I was quite sleepy but amused. What was she dreaming about? Was she dreaming about her hugging my leg trying to get me to pick her up? Or was she dreaming about demanding more food from me? So just when I was drifting off to sleep, I heard laughing and giggling - coming from the sleeping baby.

I woke up some more ... ok, now there was no doubt the laughter was coming from the sleeping baby.

"Dah! Dah!" As she threw her arms in the air and slapped it down on the bed making loud thudding noises.

*laughter*

"DAH! DAH!" As the same thing repeated and the laughter got louder and louder.

This went on for quite a few minutes and the laughter turned into giggling and slowly it softened and snoring commenced.

How amusing! She was having a GOOD dream! I smiled to myself as I once again FINALLY drifting off to sleep.

*SLAP!* I felt it cold and hard on my forehead.

I turned to see this figure of a girl with long hair covering most of her face.

"WHAT THE ???" I screamed and sat up. Am I dreaming? Did I watch a horror film tonight??

Upon further inspection, I saw with no doubt, stripe pajamas from Hanna Andersson. WAIT. I think it's Ashley.
*Ok... picture this. click here.*

"Mommy ~" She whispered ... "Why are you screaming? You told me if I need you to come in and whisper and tap on your forehead."
*Oh hush, you guys.... I wanted to make sure I wake up for Ash but not wake up the baby ~ ok?? Geesh! *

"Sorry Ash... you surprised me." I responded after I determined that I did not pee on the bed.
*What do you mean it's too much info???*

So ANYWAY, the night ended with me cuddling in bed with Ash on my right arm and Court on my left.

Ah ~ even though it was sleepless, I wish I can bottle that moment and take it with me always.


5 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Glad you didn't pee...

Don't you sometimes wish you could hug them forever.

Ashley is going to hate that picture of her scowling someday, but once she's a mom, she'll love it!

Your little stories are precious, thanks for sharing1

Ellie
ellieisanewthing.blogspot.com

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I always jump about five feet when one of the kids comes and wakes me at night. Never fails.

And, it's funny, my youngest is doing the exact same night-waking thing. She was standing up in the crib three times last night, calling out for us, but every time I went in, her eyes were closed (though she was still standing). Weird.

Anonymous said...

Yay! No peeing is great! And the picture of Ash? She's a gorgeous little girl, but yes, I would have hollered too!

Juice said...

This post made me laugh out loud. :)

I love the pouty face picture. I've always wanted to do a coffee table book called meltdown. It would be called Meltdown and would feature pictures of kids crying. (I'm not a sadist - it wouldn't be kids crying because their puppy died, but rather kids crying because Shelly got the yellow one and I really wanted the yellow one and she ALWAYS gets the yellow one). All of my friends know about my secret obsession so they deliberately take cry pictures for me.

Juice said...

Clearly I don't proofread all that much!