
"The best part of waking up..."
Even though I've grown up and my taste for coffee has gone 'designer,' somehow, that one jingle brought me back to the good old days. I still remember Mom brewing Folgers (instant or not) in the morning and started her day with a steaming cup. I would look curiously at her wondering what was so great about that awful smelling brown HOT liquid.
I know that I probably wouldn't like Folgers now, as I consume Peets religiously every morning. But the jingle will stay warm to my heart.
I wonder if my Mom still drinks Folgers? I must ask her the next time I see her.
What is one item that always bring you back to the good old childhood days? Do you still use it today?

2 comments:
Seeing peeps at Target today was fun. My mom thought I was allergic to chocolate when I was a kid, so I always got peeps in my basket. Of course the colors nowadays are freakishly non springy...
There's a root beer brand around here, "Dad's", that always makes me think of my dad. 1) He loved "black cows" aka root beer floats, 2) There was a Dad's sign on the way to my gramma's, and he'd always say, "That's MY root beer." You know, 'cause he was Dad! :)
Hmmm...my mom was horribly strict on food (guess it wore off). I guess what reminds me of my childhood is really good Italian food in a dark restaurant--there was a restaurant near us that had the best Italian (looking back I am sure it was mob) and we went every Friday night. I still remember the clear red beaded glasses that held the candles.....
I'm with you on Folgers-gag!
Post a Comment