Ash slept through the night since month two. She is a deep sleeper and can sleep through a fire alarm... ok, maybe not a fire alarm, but she can sleep through most chaos.
Court is a light sleeper. She's 18 months old and still hasn't slept through the night. She'll wake up with the drop of a pin, ok maybe with a creak on the floor.
So, how deep of a sleeper is Ash, you ask?
Last night, I am not sure why, I kept thinking I heard Ash crying for me. I tossed and turned and toss and turned and finally decided to go check it out.
I tiptoed to the front of her door. Heard only silence.
Just as I was going to turn back to go to sleep... I figured, why not. I'm just going to peek in and see if everything is ok.
I opened the door.
A familiar odor hits me. It took a moment for me to register... VOMIT. I turned on the lights and found her sleeping in her vomit and with chunks sprayed on the wall next to her head.
me: Ashley!
her: huh? *she rubs her eyes*
me: What happened?
her: huh?
me: Ashley, you threw up all over the place!
*she looks around... shrugs*
me: Did you know you were throwing up? Why didn't you scream for us? Or get the bucket? (I have a bucket in each of the girls' rooms to catch vomit.)
her: I didn't know I threw up.
So I screamed for hubby and he helped cleaned up the room and I cleaned Ash up. During the whole time, Ash was nodding off... half realizing what's going on.
She's fine now, but it was quite something last night. Needless to say, everyone except the baby slept in this morning.
I think I'm not going to serve her favorite fettuccine alfredo for awhile. Those things are not pretty coming back out.


2 comments:
(shudder)
I don't do vomit. I'll replace carpet and furniture before I try to clean vomit out of either.
Good thing Spin can stomach it.
Puking would be expensive otherwise!
Oh my!
I remember when Mac threw up mac and cheese. The opposite of Ash, he was a runner, so he'd get up (even if sleeping) and leave a trail.
Ugh!
You're a good mommy.
Post a Comment