6.30.2009

the new responsibilities of a mom

So I have been at this blogging thing for a few years now starting with only friends and family reading it. However as I start to discover the whole 'Mommy bloggers' world, I got hooked on reading all these different blogs of Moms that I'm intrigued with, Moms I identify with, Moms I wish I can be, and etc.

However recent trends have gotten me to hook up with the regular Moms I follow via Twitter or Facebook and even with more Moms that I'm continuing to discover.

So.. I started to wonder... do I really need THREE ways to get in touch with all these Moms? How did all these other Moms find the time of day to keep up with all three? I can barely keep track with one of those a day...

So, do you do all three? How do you do it?

5 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Good morning Agnes!

I'm not a mommy blogger, though I am a mom...I do like to blog. Most of the year I'm so busy, this is my only creative outlet. Facebook has been a great way to get in touch with people I haven't seen for a while, and since I import my blog there, I get comments on facebook too (though I like them better on my blog).

With all that said, I don't understand Twitter. It seems waaaaayyyy overused. Too minutae oriented. I don't need to know every little thing folks are doing...

Unknown said...

I use Twitter primarily to keep up with the people that I know online, and bloggers that I like to read. I admit that I haven't been reading much in my Google reader lately *hangs head in shame*. I use Facebook mainly to keep up with people that I know in real life, although I promote my blog there too. It's weird knowing that people that actually KNOW me now are reading my blog!

I think the advice I would give is this: pick the vehicle that you're comfortable with and stick with that. If doing all three stretches you too much, figure out which is your least favorite and dump it!

Miss Lisa said...

I think it all depends on what you like. I really like Twitter because it is so quick and the response time rocks (I am LisainDallas). Facebook has not really gotten my attention yet.
And blogs--love/hate relationship. It's more for me at this point than anything else.

Jeanette Horng said...

I still remember the day with no cell phones. I'm starting to get confused with things like MySpace and Xanga (does that even exist anymore)...what the heck is twitter?

Jeanette Horng said...

Hehe I kid. I know what twitter is, but seriously!