12.11.2009

crazy hat day

Right before bed time last night, Ash began telling me how it is crazy hat day at school today. When I told her that it was too late to make a hat, she began to cry. To make my point, I did not budge on the bedtime and made her go to bed.
I watched her sob all the way to her room and finally calmed down for bed.
GUILT.

I knew it was crazy hat day today, but we had agreed that she needed to remind me about it. As I hear my princess cry, I got flooded with guilt.

So after hubby's donation of an old cap, some searching around the house, and some sewing and lots of hot glue gun burns, ahem - I mean action ...
Then she wore it all of 10 minutes at school before it came home in her backpack.
Thanks sweetie. For this you will have to wear this hat for every crazy hat day at school for the rest of your schooling days.


1 comment:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

You're set for the rest of elementary school!

Hats are annoying. I'm surprised she wore it for even ten minutes! When we raised money for wearing caps for kids with cancer, I thought I was going to go nuts with the itching...but since I'm in charge of student council, I had to play along all day. Ugh!